Galileo (NOT Einstein) is inventor of Second postulate of Relativity

Galileo (NOT Einstein) is inventor of Second postulate of Relativity

Einstein=E2=80=99s June 1905, paper is known as Special Theory of Relativity? The reference to this paper

In this paper Einstein stated two postulates and here we will discuss the second postulate. Part I Second postulate of Special Relativity as re-stated by Einstein (i) =E2=80=9CThe laws by which the states of physical systems undergo chan= ge are not affected, whether these changes of state be referred to the one or the other of two systems of co-ordinates in uniform translatory motion=E2=80=9D.

It refer to that law of physics are the same, if two systems or observers are UNIFROM MOTION (zero acceleration). I t is well known that in this paper Einstein did not give any REFRENCE to the existing literature, which implies that all this postulate is his work . Part II Galileo is inventor of Second postulate of special Relativity. Galileo has given second postulate of Special Theory in his book Galileo=E2=80=99 Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems), Ref. Galileo, G. 1632, Dialogues concerning the two chief world systems, trans. S.Drake, 2nd edition 1967, University of California Press. For this book was published by Galileo in 1632 and was persecuted for this book. Galileo quoted an example in the Dialogue [14] , that if a ship is moving with uniform velocity then from motion of fish in bottle one can not judge that whether ship is moving with uniform velocity or at rest. Thus Galileo stated

=E2=80=9C the mechanical laws of physics are the same for every observer moving uniformly with constant speed in a straight line".

It refer to that law of physics are the same, if two systems or observers are UNIFROM MOTION (zero acceleration). The Einstein has simply re-stated in 1905, the existing in the literature since 273 years. It is against ethics of research. Einstein should have given due credit to Galileo. Even at this time it I not too late to honour Galileo for basics of Special Theory of Relativity.

Ref BOOK 100 Years of E=3Dmc2

(Book will be published in Dec. 2006, By NOVA Science, New York, USA)

Even Pope John has pardoned Galileo in 1992 for the book, he was persecuted.

Second Post Which mathematical equation from Einstein=E2=80=99s Sep. 1905 derivation predicts that when Light Energy is emitted, MASS OF BODY INCREASES?

-------------------------

Which mathematical equation from Einstein=E2=80=99s Sep. 1905 derivation predicts that when Light Energy is emitted, MASS OF BODY INCREASES?

BRIEF

Einstein has speculated E=3D =CE=94m c2 from L=3D =CE=94m c2 in his Sep =

1905 paper. This derivation ( under SPECIAL CONDITIONS) predicts that when Light Energy is emitted mass of body decreases. It is true. But the same derivation under general conditions ALSO predicts that when body emits light energy its mass must increase. It is inconsistent prediction from Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation and contradiction of Law of Conservation of Matter or Energy. Einstein did not discuss this aspect in his work. This aspect is highlighted here.

For details

( book will be published in Dec 2006 , by NOVA Science in New York , USA)

1=2E What is Einstein=E2=80=99s Sep 1905 paper in few words?.

AJAY SHARMA : In this paper Einstein derived a relationship between Light energy emitted (L) and corresponding decrease in mass (=CE=94m =3D Mb-Ma ) as L =3D ( Mb-Ma)c2 or Mb=E2=80=93Ma =3D L/c2 From here Einstein speculated E=3Dmc2 Practically, Einstein considered a body at rest emitting light energy. Einstein measured the magnitude of light energy in a moving system. And then he derived a relation between ENERGY EMITTED (L) and DECREASE IN MASS (=CE=94m) of body.

2=2E Under which conditions Einstein derived this equation L =3D =CE=94mc2 ?

AJAY SHARMA: In Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation , there are four variables i.= e=2E

(a) Number of light waves emitted by body (b) Magnitude of energy of light waves (c) Angles at which waves are emitted by body (d) Velocity of measuring system w.r.t. body emitting light energy.

Einstein took SPECIAL CONDITIONS to derive L =3Dmc2 and speculated from it E=3Dmc2

(a) Einstein took , Just two light waves (b) Energy of light wave is equal (c) Waves are emitted in opposite directions (d) Velocity measuring system w.r.t body is in classical region.

Thus under these conditions Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation is OK. The result is When body emits light energy, its mass decreases i.e. L =3D ( Mb-Ma)c2

It is correct.

3=2E What about Law of Conservation of momentum?

AJAY SHARMA : After emission of light energy body (i) May remain at rest. (ii) May tend to move (iii) May move apparently or visibly the law of conservation of momentum is always obeyed. The velocity of recoil can be calculated by applying equation, Initial Momentum =3D Final Momentum The velocity of recoil of gun is determined by this method. Einstein has considered first case ONLY.

4=2E Which is the mathematical equation obtained by Einstein in Sep 1905 paper which predict that When light energy is emitted, mass decreases?

AJAY SHARMA: The final equation in this regard is =CE=94m =3D L /c2 or Ma ( mass of body after emission) =3D Mb ( mass of body before emission) =E2=80=93 L/c2 Thus mass of body decreases when light energy is emitted. Einstein has derived this equation under SPECIAL CONDITIONS by considering two light waves of equal energy( 0.5L each ) , emitted in opposite directions etc.

5=2E Which is mathematical equation which follows from Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation and implies that when Light Energy is Emitted mass of body Increases?

AJAY SHARMA There are numerous equations to this fact which follows from Einstein=E2=80=99s Sep 1905 derivation and predict that when Light Energy is emitted, Mass of Body Increases. It is contradiction of LAW OF CONSERVATION OF MATTER OR ENERGY.

One case is e.g. when body emits TWO LIGHT WAVES of energies 0.501L and 0.499L , emitted in OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS. Thus all conditions are same as that in Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation except magnitude of Light energy (Einstein has taken energy equal to 0.5L each).

Exactly repeating the calculation as done by Einstein in Sep 1905 paper we get

=CE=94 m =3D Mass of body before emission (Mb)=E2=80=93Mass of body after e= mission (Ma) =3D =E2=80=93 0.004L/cv + L/c2 (16) or Ma =3D 0.004L/cv =E2=80=93 L/c2 + Mb Thus Mass of body after emission of light energy (Ma) =3D Positive Quantity + Mass of body before emission. Hence mass Increases, when light energy is emitted.

It is not CORRECT prediction FROM Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation.

Third Post Why Einstein=E2=80=99s Sep 1905 derivation CONTRADICTS Law of Conservation of Matter?

-------------------------------------------- Why Einstein=E2=80=99s Sep 1905 derivation CONTRADICTS Law of Conservation of Matter ? Part I Reason for this incorrect deductions. The central equation in Einstein derivation is very complex . (i) The basic equation Einstein used is

=E2=84=93* =3D =E2=84=93{1 =E2=80=93 v cos =CF=86/c } /=E2=88=9A[1 =E2=80= =93 v2 /c2] (1) =E2=84=93* is light energy measured in moving in frame and =E2=84=93 is ene= rgy measured in rest frame. Einstein has given eq.(1) in his June 1905 paper, known as Special Theory of Relativity and called eq.(1) as Doppler principle for any velocities whatever. Link for paper of Special Theory of Relativity

Thus there are many variables in derivation.

(a) Number of light waves (b) Magnitude of energy of light waves (c) Angles at which waves are emitted (d) Velocity of measuring system w.r.t. body emitting light energy.

Einstein took special conditions to derive L =3Dmc2 or E=3Dmc2

(a) Einstein took , Just two light waves (b) Energy of light wave is equal (c) Waves are emitted in opposite directions (d) Velocity measuring system w.r.t body is in classical region.

Thus under these SPECIAL conditions Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation is OK. The result is When body emits light energy , its mass decreases.

Part III

Experimentally law of inter conversion of mass energy holds good in all cases. Theoretically large number of cases is possible (Einstein =E2=80=98s derivation is valid under these conditions also). (p) Body may emit large number of waves (q) The waves may be emitted at different angles. (r) The waves may have different energies. (t) Velocity may be in relativistic region.

THUS UNDER GEENRAL CONDITIONS EINTEIN=E2=80=99S SEP. 27 1905 DERIVATION DOES NOT WORK WELL. You have commented about sign CHANGE it follows from Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation, hence it has limitation. If you think , I have INCORRECTLY induced it , let me know. Write down the correct equations for the readers.

So Einstein=E2=80=99s Sep 1905 derivation is true under special conditions only. This is the THEME of the paper. References

----------------------------------------- If somebody disagree then one can write to Editor Physics Essays addressing the following issues.

What is Einstein=E2=80=99s Sep 1905 paper? What are conditions under which it is derived? What is Planck=E2=80=99s observation regarding it? Under what conditions experimentally it holds good? Why Einstein did not generalize the same? How to generalize it under all conditions? What is Ajay Sharma=E2=80=99s Interpretation? How Ajay Sharma=E2=80=99s paper is different from Einstein=E2=80=99s Sep 19=

05 paper. How Editors/referees who have published it are WRONG? How Ajay Sharma=E2=80=99s interpretation is incorrect (if it)? What are the correct interpretations AND EQAUTIONS? My paper answers all above questions. It follows from Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation under legitimate conditions,(= in some cases) that when Light Energy is Emitted , mass of body INCREASES. It is incorrect deduction from Einstein=E2=80=99s derivation.

Part IV References.

References of Einstein=E2=80=99s work . A=2EEinstein, Annalen der Physik 18 (1905) 639-641. . DOES THE INERTIA OF A BODY DEPEND UPON ITS ENERGY-CONTENT? Weblink is Einstein=E2=80=99s 27 Sep 1905 paper available at

PartII References of Ajay Sharma=E2=80=99s work

My work is available at A=2E Sharma, Physics Essays, 17 (2004) 195-222. =E2=80=9DThe Origin of Generalized Mass-Energy Equation =EF=81=84E =3D Ac2 = =EF=81=84M; and its applications in General physics and Cosmology=E2=80=9D.

For details

International Conferences It has been accepted for presentation over 55 conferences all over the world

--------------------------------------few of them

1=2E Sharma, A. presented in 19th International Conference on the Applications of Accelerators in Research and Industry , 20-25 August , 2006 Fort Worth Texas, USA
  1. A. Sharma, Abstract Book 38th European Group of Atomic Systems ( Euro physics Conference) Isachia (Naples) Italy (2006) 53.

3=2E A. Sharma , Abstract Book , A Century After Einstein Physics 2005 ,

10-14 April 2005 ( Organizer Institute of Physics , Bristol ) University of Warwick , ENGLAND

4=2E A. Sharma presented in 5th British gravity Conference , OXFORD ENGLAND

5=2E A. Sharma,. Proc. Int. Conf. on Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering 2003 World Scientific Co. USA , (2003) 585. 6=2E A. Sharma, Proc. Int. Conf. on Number, Time, Relativity United Physical Society of Russian Federation, Moscow, (2004) 81 plus more

-------------------------------------- Book 100 Years of E=3Dmc2 For details

( book will be published in Dec 2006 , by NOVA Science in New York , USA)

AJAY SHARMA 5 NOV 2006

Reply to
AJAY SHARMA

Special Relative postulates that the speed of light will be the same to ALL observers regardless of how fast they are going relative to the light source.

I don't think Galileo even KNEW what the speed of light was other than being "very fast."

Reply to
John Gilmer

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 08:41:40 -0500, "John Gilmer" Gave us:

I doubt he even knew what light was made up of, much less its speed through space or various mediums.

The word for today is: Photon.

Reply to
JoeBloe

---------------------------------------------------------------- There are two postulates of relativity. One is about speed of light is constant. The second one was given Galileo in in 1632 in his book , DIOLOGUE. NOW AFTER 273 in 1905 EINSTEIN QUOTED THE SAME IN his Special Theory of Relativity.

Einstein did not acknowldge, Galileo's work and called it as his own invension. I mean Galileo must be given credit for the same. I have given the link below which discuss both the postulates.

Thus should Galileo be given credit for doing pioneering work in the field of SPECIAL THEORY OF RELATIVITY. It is the basic question. See the references below. Existing reference

's references Title of Einstein's paper ( June 2006) , which is well known as SPECILA THEORY OF RELATIVITY Title of paper ON THE ELECTRODYNAMICS OF MOVING BODIES.

Print Reference Einstein, A. Annalen der Physik, 17 891-921 (1905). Web. Reference

two postulates are quoted in section

=A7 2. On the Relativity of Lengths and Times The following reflexions are based on the principle of relativity and on the principle of the constancy of the velocity of light. These two principles we define as follows:--

1=2E The laws by which the states of physical systems undergo change are not affected, whether these changes of state be referred to the one or the other of two systems of co-ordinates in uniform translatory motion.

Any ray of light moves in the ``stationary'' system of co-ordinates with the determined velocity c, whether the ray be emitted by a stationary or by a moving body.

So whatever I have written is based upon these facts. Further references 100 Years of E=3Dmc2 (Book will be published in Dec. 2006 , By NOVA Science, New York, USA)

AJAY SHARMA 5TH Nov 2006.

Reply to
AJAY SHARMA

[...]

Geeze looser, I thought you said you'd go away since no one wants you around! Now you're back again...

Since you claim to be a professional, why do you do this?

All you are doing is spaming your book:

so I've taken the liberty to contact the publisher and complain loudly about your spam.

Bugger off!

Reply to
PeterD

AJAY SHARMA is very prolific. If there were only a small amount of merit in his work, it would be a great boon to mankind. Unfortunately, I have not yet found anysuch merit.

Bill

Reply to
Salmon Egg

=================Ajay Sharma responds ==================== PeterD Part I It is revolutionary topic, modification/extension of the Einstein' Emc2. Such work has not been done in history of science yet. My topics are being read and inquired by members of Electronics group see previous writers , John Gilmer,and JoeBloe. I ALSO PERSONAL MAIL. Readers don't respond I will not post anywhere. E=mc2 is the basic equation used in all branches of physics directly and indirectly. That is the reason I post. Part II I quote all my work published JOURNALS and CONFERENCES. Likewise I quote my book. It is necessary to authenticate my work , which will otherwise look like fairy tale. Without the references, I cannot prove anything. I will be miunderstood that I have done nothing. So references have to be given. There is no other reason , for quoting the journals , conferences and book. These usenet , google groups are for discussions and communications. I AM GETTING LARGE FEEDBACK FROM VARIOUS CORNERS FOR THIS

This is my view point , you have written to Publishers and I will wait for his response. Whatever is the response will be posted here , if publisher want. BYE Ajay Sharma 5 Nov. 2006

Reply to
AJAY SHARMA

---------------------------------------- You can decide about it, after understanding. I have understood and hope it will be useful.

[...]

4&products_id=3D4554
Reply to
george_corinne

PeterD wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That won't do much good, it's a vanity publishing, paid for by the author, so the publisher just provides a service. Think of it as the equivalent of Florence Foster Jenkins, soprano. Look that up, I promise you, your time will NOT be wasted. :)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Reply to
John Fields

------------------------------------------ Kindly see the answer ( complete ) here posted

AJAY SHARMA

Reply to
AJAY SHARMA

324&products_id=3D4554
Reply to
george_corinne

Reply to
John Fields

That's not an answer to the poster's question! He asked:

ARE YOU PAYING TO HAVE THE BOOK PUBLISHED?

Answer it!

Oh, I forgot, you are a trolling SPAMMER... You don't answer questions, do you?

Reply to
PeterD

Lostgallifreyan wrote in news:Xns98735D3A9DF42zoodlewurdle@140.99.99.130:

I ought to correct this one of mine.. I can't be sure that my claim is right, so I withdraw it. had a look at Nova Publishers' site, and saw little to guide me, but there is a French Wikipedia page that was adequately translated via Google. It seems the editors accept submissions with little scrutiny, but I saw no indication as to who fronts up the money for a publication.

Like other posters here, I call for a simple answer to this. If Ajay Sharma would answer the question directly, there'd be no speculation. There won't be any more from me anyway.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

ly a

8_324&products_id=3D4554
Reply to
george_corinne

See how many questions I have replied,

AJAY SHARMA

Reply to
AJAY SHARMA

All you are asking is that we re-read your trolling spam... AGAIN, DORK, ANSWER THE QUESTION: