nitride dry etching

I have a 400 nm thick TiN/GaN multilayer film on a Al2O3 substrate and
i want to do a cross-plane electrical measurement of this film for
which i have to make a back contact to the bottom TiN layer (since the
substrate is insulating). Any ideas?
I was planning to dry etch the multilayer from top using either laser
etching, reactive ion etching or FIB, but all of them have
complications. All ideas/opinions are welcome?
~vijay
Reply to
vijay.rawat
Ion gun etch in ultrahigh vacuum. Not sure how you'd know where you are in the cross-section without removing from vacuum and doing ellipsometry or something like that. You should consider doing the electrical measurements in ultrahigh vacuum as well, as I think the TiN will at least partially revert back to the oxide in the presence of oxygen.
Reply to
rekuci