Purification of HiPco SWNTs

Hi all,

I will begin the organic functionalization of SWNTs. I will use HiPco type SWNTs, which is made by ourselves. For the purification, it would need the wet air oxidation in a high temperature to remove the amorphous carbon. However, the instrument would not available in the near future. How about just treat the tubes with concentrated HCl? Maybe to omit the wet air oxidation process would affect my organic functionalization (general reactions, I mean.) step too much? Anybody has any good idea for the purification of this kind of tubes, except the microwave method?

Otherwise, the microwave method seems a good one, anybody had ever use this method? And, which method is better?

Thanks in advance!

NS

Reply to
Na Sun