Telling nickel silver apart from brass?

I have some key blanks made of either brass or nickel silver. I can't tell for sure visually. Is there a easy chemical test using commonly available chemical to test for presence of substantial amount of nickel in the alloy? (Brass=no Ni, Nickel silver contains Ni, Cu and Zn )

thanks

Reply to
itsme.ultimate

I would guess the acid test. Puke on it and see whether it's green (NiClx) or/to shore (CuClx).

-Aut

Reply to
Autymn D. C.