ALE and Finite Element Analysis on FEMLAB

Hello All,

I am presently working with simulating a few MEMS (micro electromechanical systems) structures using the finite element method (FEM) in FEMLAB.

I have started a discussion group for FEA and FEMLAB users which you can join at

or send and e-mail to femlab snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com.

By the way, does anyone have any information on the "arbitrary lagrangian-eulerian" method used in large deformation simulations? I would appreciate any suggestions of papers, books or technical reports on this subject.

Thanks!

[FEMLAB_Users] Moderator
Reply to
[FEMLAB_Users] Moderator

Here is a link to the LSDYNA manual which has plenty on large deformation ALE formulations.

FEMLAB 3.0a has some ALE examples. The whole problem has to be specified in weak form and gets quite complicated, but the results are pretty impressive. Check out

Happy Modelling

- Dan

Reply to
Dan