Blender Bearings

I need a bearing similar to those used in household blenders. The main properties I'm interested in are high RPM (2000+), relatively low friction, the ability to keep the liquid in the blender from leaking out, and most importantly, CHEAP. I think there is a liquid lubrication inside but not sure how it does not get contaminated by the liquid in the blender. I see no rubber type oil seals or ball bearings.

Can anyone tell me what type of bearing this is? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Todd

Reply to
megladon

that is not high rpm for a bearing, so you are not looking for a "high-rpm bearing"

relatively low

"relatively" ?

the ability to keep the liquid in the blender from leaking

seals on the shaft will protect the bearing, unless you are in direct contact with the contaminant /or it is an air-borne contaminant.

the most expensive one is the one that does not work -

The seal would be on the mixer shaft - easier to replace - and/or the shaft would have "seal tolerances" on the bearing and a "slinger" to move the mixing material away from the bearing during operation.

kind of sparse info there, but...

If you are talking about a blender drive bearing, it most likely a bronze or sintered bronze bearing. ( The sintered bronze bearing is made of pressed bronze with microscopic voids, voids which hold lubricant) Blenders see a lot of starts and stops, which is hard on bearings-- but you can minimize that effect by proper design - basically, a long bearing (for a variety of reasons.)

Reply to
hob