Boundary Element Method

I'm trying to garner a feel for Boundary Element Methods (BEM) using the Dual Reciprocity techinque.

When viewed from the perspective of an automobile front window, on the back side I've got thermistors that provide known termperatures. My intent is to estimate the temperature at the surface (front) of the window.

Now my texts on BEM haven't arrived yet but for starters BEM involves solving a series of partial differential equations. I'll discretize - in this case - the front surface of the window.

Consider 'the window' (one piece of the discretized/divided up window)

Now enter in - what in effect is collocation points denoted by the "*".

For starters I'm not seeing where the series of partial differential equations kick in?

  1. How do i now use the internal nodes (collocation) points to effectively obtain the temperature at the surface?
  2. With BEM do I effectively (lets assume left to right ) walk across the surface from a to b adn in term obtain the temperature at each point?
Reply to
ma740988