Harris equation for centrifugal force in ball bearings

Hello,
Harris states in "Concepts of bearing technology" that the equation
for centrifugal force (Fc) of a ball in a bearing is as follows:
Fc=(pi^3 * rho / 10800 g) * D^3 n^2 d
My problem is, that I do not get the sense of the "g" (Gravitational
constant). Where does it come from? Without it the units would be
correct for Force with kg*m*s^-2.
Thanks for your help
Christian
Reply to
Christian Burk
Does Harris use British (ft, lb, etc.) units?
If so, then this "g" (which often has a "c" subscript) is probably a conversion factor to compensate for the fact that rho is usually given in pounds per cubic foot instead of the correct units of slugs per cubic foot.
He should tell you about this in the preface, introduction, or a listing of symbols. Or, perhaps you could find a worked example.
Olin Perry Norton
Reply to
Olin Perry Norton

Site Timeline