Helium Leak Testing

Hello,
For those of you that have used helium as a leak detecting gas in
components such as fuel tanks or pressurised cylinders, is there any
relation to the reading you get with the sniffing for helium and the
size of the leak?
For instance if I get a reading of 300 ppm helium coming from a leak,
does it mean that the leak is say 3 cc/year (just taking random numbers
from a hat)?
I figure it may not be that simple because I have seen large leaks with
low helium concentrations and small leaks with high concentrations and
vice versa.
Thanks in advance.
Reply to
mr_icu