How to advertise to engineers and scientists?

You may have seen my post "Bring Back the HP 15C", and the web site

I am not getting near the number of people signing the petition as I would like. I am currently investigating other means of advertising. The target audience for this advertising would be engineers and scientists, specifically Mechanical, Civil, and Electrical Engineers; Physicists and Chemists. My question is what publications would give the most bang for the buck?

Reply to
Chris W

Machine Design and Design News are two widely read industry magazines for mech engineers.

and
respectively.

Reply to
ms

Just a thought: have you also informed the user groups; e.g. or your campaign?

Kelvin B. Hales (Still using two HP-41C/CV models.) Web:

Kelvin Hales

Yes I have, hppc.org even has a link to my site. I have told every group that is interested in things like that I can find. The problem is most people while they find the calculator very useful, aren't fanatical enough to search out forums like that.

Reply to
Chris W

You could write a letter to the Institution of Civil Engineer's weekly publication New Civil Engineer which is sent to the membership. NCE can be emailed via snipped-for-privacy@construct.emap.com. New Civil Engineer also have a website at

No spam Charles

It seems like you have a lot of energy, why not try to license the calculator from HP and build them yourself?

Reply to
<d>

Does the underwhelming response indicate a lack of interest in the

15C? Perhaps there are better calclulators that most everybody else prefers.

The numerous and obnoxious repetitions of your original post probably didn't help your case (or your credibility).

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Have you considered eng-tips.com. Gets a lot of traffic and I think they have an Off-Topic section unless you think you could "squeeze" into a more mainstream topic heading.

Reply to
Bob Wilson

Bob Wilson (or somebody else of the same name) wrote thusly in message :

We are intelligent people. We mostly ignore advertising. It's a lost cause.

Reply to
Prai Jei