Screw Conveyor diameter

G'day G'day,

A screw conveyor is 6 m long and inclined at 25 degrees. It is to transport 11 tonnes per hour. The material to be conveyed has a density of 600 kg/cubic metre = 37.4 lb/cubic foot. F = 2

What puzzles me is how one can use this information to fix upon a suitable diameter for the screw conveyor.

It seems to me that one could use a small diameter conveyor and operate it at a higher rpm or use a large diameter conveyor and operate at a lower rpm.

Thank you,

Reply to
Quentin Grady

jim_duprey

Reply to
jim_duprey

G'day G'day Jim

Thank you for your general answer. Luckily I have been able to find more specific information which suits my purpose.

Best wishes,

Reply to
Quentin Grady

Other specifics should also include effects of load factors on the transported material. While sand will withstand being ground through at high speed under intense pressure up a severe incline, chocolate candy bars would not fare so well. A bit over-dramatic for an analogy, but the idea comes through plainly.

Reply to
jim_duprey

Quentin, you later wrote that you found an answer to the conundrum - which certainly had me beat. What did you come up with?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

visit the site

and download the boock "section H". on page H5 there is the procedure for calculate the screw conveyor best regards Oreste

"Quentin Grady" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
oreste rota