venturi scrubber design.....

Hi!Can anybody help me with the design of a venturi scrubber with variable throath section, for the removal of HCl and particulate from fume of an incinerator of hazardous wastes (liquid and gaseous wastes)?Which parameters I need?Which books or handbooks can I read?Thank you!

Andrea

Reply to
Lima

Dear Lima:

Google Advanced requiring all the words: venturi scrubber requiring the exact phrase: variable flow

45 hits, like... URL:
A jet engine exhaust cone design might serve as your variable throat. If you are doing gas drawn into liquid, and need a pressure recovery section, you'll need to place a second cone, reversed, slaved in shape to the first one, downstream of the first.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Hi Mr.Smith!Thank you very much for your answer to my post.I would post another question for you: How is possible to design a system formed by VENTURI (for the saturation and particulates removal from fumes before entering in the spraytower) + SPRAY TOWER with alkali solution (NaOH 30% w.) for the removal of HCl and particulate (particles of NaCl + Na2SO4)?Can you help me?

Andrea

Reply to
Lima

Dear Lima:

I am sorry, I cannot. I work for a company that makes venturis with a fixed orifice, so I know what you will require. I am not a PE.

Hopefully someone else here can help "Lima"?

What gas flow rate are you trying to process? If I were trying to employ my boss's products, I would simply have a series of "water" pumps, each feeding a fixed venturi, and turn on as many as necessary to draw in the gas. Rather than one large complex "expensive" structure, with a marvelous mystery pump (and controls), I'd do a series of parallel trains.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Have you looked in Perry's "Chemical Engineer's Handbook" published by McGraw Hill. There are many texts in any good university library dealing with scrubbing.

Reply to
Rusty

try

has some useful general info on polution control and scrubber technologies.

Reply to
hob