Load and Energy Estimation in Drop Forging

Hello all, Could some wise reader of this group please explain how to calculate stress on the lower half die in drop forging.Load and Energy
Estimation in Drop Forging. for tool steel.
Regards derek l
derek l wrote:

If this is for a class, we need to know the level and field.
The answer for a metallurgical engineering class will be different than that for a mechanical engineering or manufacturing engineering class.
Different answers apply to undergrad and grad level classes.
Is this in general or for a specific classical example, such as simple forging of a cylinder or disk?
Three tons peak
-- "I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics, - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --+ Metalcasting and Games: http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms

On 22 Feb 2004 05:36:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (derek l) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
Someone did reply to your last question about this. They more info was needed. Strangely enough you are getting similar replies to your repeated same question under a new title....

.........no I'm not! remove ns from my header address to reply via email
Spike....Spike? Hello?