1/3 scale Tommy Gun - museum quality hobby page

Was cruising around and found this guy's site. Impressive amount of work - he scratchbuilt a 1/3 scale Bridgeport style mill for work on miniatures. Many of the parts for his miniatures are made on a pantograph using an original as the pattern.

According to the documentation, all mechanism parts are there in exact scale. On another page there's a scale 1911.

Barrel is drilled and rifled with tooling of his own making.

low whistle,

StaticsJason

Reply to
Statics

Absolutely a fascinating link, one which I will revisit soon. Thanks so much for telling us about it. Readers: Check this out! It's worth any time you can spare.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

I wonder - possible to make .15 ACP brass and bullets? The primers would be tough, and the ATF would probably get interested...

Reply to
Scott R. Keszler

tough, and the ATF would probably get interested...

I saw something a few years back about somebody having built a scaled down Browning .30 machine gun (air cooled version) that fired .22LR shells.....but I can't remember where I saw it. Not even sure if it was online. But he had little cloth feed belts sewn up and a scale model tripod built for it and everything. Dave

Reply to
Dav1936531

Tippman Manufacturing, currently makers of paintball guns and (I think) sewing machines for harness leather, made a production run of '19 Browning MG's in .22 long rifle, and Browning M2's in .22 magnum. They were written up in Guns and Ammo, and ended up on the cover of the Annual book as well. SSSSwwweeeeet!

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

sewing machines for harness leather, made a production run of '19 Browning MG's in .22 long rifle, and Browning M2's in .22 magnum. They were written up in Guns and Ammo, and ended up on the cover of the Annual book as well. SSSSwwweeeeet!

That's where I saw it!!!! I couldn't remember when I posted. Memory is falling apart. Thanks. Dave

Reply to
Dav1936531