26cc Ryobi 4-cycle engine for G projects

I started one of these things for a neighbor. I high revving ~5 pound, 1 horse power, 4 stroke.

When I as a kid in the 60's we make mini bikes, motorized bicycles, and made go-carts. Nothing like this was available then.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

Boy, that's expensive for a project. You can pick up more powerful chainsaws and 2-stroke string trimmers for almost nothing.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

A go cart needs 5 HP minimum. I just got my Northern catalog they have a 5 HP honda for $209. Here is the go cart I made a few years ago

still beat the snot out of it once a week.

Reply to
Wayne

Nice go cart. I put a West Bend and a Macullugh Mac 6 engines on go carts in the mid '60s.

I was th>A go cart needs 5 HP minimum. I just got my Northern catalog they have a 5

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

I have an older engine that I had planend (years ago) to use on a kart - it has the centrifugal clutch, etc. It's on my web page in the forsale section, should you be interested. I have been told that the pull starter assembly is of value to engine restorers, but I'd prefer to sell the thing whole. I have tested it (with starting fluid) and it runs fine as far as I can tell. Maybe this will meet your needs (or maybe someone else will want it?) Some who know more about these than I have suggested that this is a Power Products motor, more specifically an early Power Products Piston Port Chain Saw engine probably an AH47. It has an AH58 kart engine type shroud and starter on it.- I'm probably never going to need it, so it can leave my garage and go to yours.

my web site is

- click on forsale,then engine

atheists that will destroy the society. It is Darwinian.

Reply to
william_b_noble

I take it nobody else read the one "owner review" of this product at the bottom of the page? "STOP DANGER WILL ROBENSON - DO NOT BUY" ROTFLMAO David

David Courtney

I have one of those (ryobi 875). My wife uses it. When she really hammers on it cutting weeds along fencerows for a long time, the engine loses power and spits hot oil out the carb/air-filter area. It's built for the occasional weekend user. I find it inferior to a good two stroke engine such as Stihl or Husqvarna. The Ryobi is nice and quiet though. dean p.s. I made a sprayer for my atv using a 30cc Johnsred engine and a roller pump. Works good.

das

I disagree with that! My last cart had a 23 HP Polaris snowmobile engine, it was just about right! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

"Greg O" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I can agree with that. Used to build Karts at school for schoolboy racing championships. Last kart I raced was a Zip Karts 250 international. Weighed about 280lb with a Rotax 256 250cc twin six speed w/cooled, 95hp 0-60mph

3.2seconds, 1/4mile 9.5sec top end 160mph +

No good on anything but smoooooth circuits and much too serious, the off road things look much more fun.

Reply to
Jeff

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:44:01 -0500, "das" wrote: I have one of those Ryobi 4 stroke weed trimmers and I love it! It gets regular abuse too. I use a skillsaw carbide toothed blade on it and can cut through, easily, 2 inch alders. I push the engine hard for a long time and it never spits oil out anywhere. I run it till it's out of gas, refill it, and run it some more. And it takes a long time to run it out of gas. Have you adjusted the valves? ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

My Ryobi weed whacker does the same oil trick after a bit of hard use. I figured it was just part of an elaborate recycling scheme where the oil was being returned to the ground, my hands, pants, nearby dogs, cats and associated critters.

Tim

das wrote:

The Guy

LOL Every time I look in the mirror, I can see God is getting ready to recycle me:)

Reply to
Clark Magnuson