5/8 - 20 nut

Maybe I didn't use the right words at McMaster-Carr, but I didn't spot a 5/8-20 nut there. I need one for my tool and cutter grinder. I suppose if I have to I can make one on my lathe, but it would be easier to buy one if they're available somewhere. Where can you find odd size nuts?

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

Try google, they are plentiful.

Ignoramus15573

Well, one of mine is the size of a pea, and the other one is a little tiny bastard!

Harold

(Sorry--couldn't resist the humor)

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

--Try my fave: 1-800-SB-BOLTS has just about everything or can get it if not in stock.

Reply to
steamer

Where is the humor, Harold?

Bob Swinney

Well, one of mine is the size of a pea, and the other one is a little tiny bastard!

Harold

(Sorry--couldn't resist the humor)

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Damn! Now that you make mention, it's not all that funny being saddled with those little suckers. :-)

Harold & Susan Vordos

On Fri, 21 May 2010 19:28:18 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote the following:

I thought mebbe it was that a Warshingtonian claimed to -have- balls.

---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. --------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I would bet a nickel that Harley dealers would carry them.

Ignoramus28763

Doh! How obvious. The first or second link is to a Harley supply co. I may be able to source that locally if Harley's use that thread. Thanks.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

A bit late to be helpful probably, but I needed a 3/4 16 nut to make a specialty puller/lifter the other day. Of course none of the local hardware or box stores had anything, but 3/4-10. I stopped by the local Copperstate bolt and they had it in field grade 2, grade 5, and grade 8 as well as extended length nuts. The extended length was exactly what I had hoped to find. Job done.

Reply to
Bob La Londe