7/32-40 tap?

There are advantages in being able to grind a tool, then cut a one off thread on a bit of tapered carbon steel, gash it, harden it, hone it and use it :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

included angle = 47.5 degrees

Reply to
Martin Evans

Yikes! Now I know why my neighbor (gun buff) had me make one for him..... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Guilty M'lud

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Well I think Steve is right. The tap I received is marked:

7/32-40 NS GH3 HS Poland

I couldn't find it on tap drill chart so I calculated it this way:

7/32 - 1/40 which tends to be pretty close. That worked out for me as a #10 drill.

Anyway, my Williams rear sight aperture fits fine in a hole I tapped so I am happy.

I wished I had noticed they have the matching die

7/32-40 1-368-05-40 7.59 since shipping cost as much as the tap. Still, 16 bucks delivered beat Brownells price less shipping by 8 bucks.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Just as a side note, most of the Model Engineer thread pitches have a UNS equivalent. The rest are covered in UNF, and UNC.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.