aligning a welded-on nut with existing threads?

Dang... I'm smarter than I thought :)

Glad to hear it turned out, Grant. All-thread can be magic in some situations. Looke like this one was one of them.

Now, you can send the $50000.00 use-of-idea license fee to my honme address, at: toMD0046nnDF&YT#5)%)%)%)%)%) Nt54 D%3eG^&gj&*Gi 7y4FGkl;)(&O,l]\-8KL^$L:tb_)B 0gJ HG8954lM o7rmh )_(^FKLU$LKHT$$ Dratted line noise... hope it didn't screw up the address beyond recognition and cheat me out of my last chance at fame and fortune. Well, fortune, anyway...

Anyway, good luck on the rest of it, and let us know how it turns out - Whatever the heck it is! :)

(Or have you told us already, and I just missed the message?)

Reply to
Don Bruder

Hmm ... perhaps you want a unix programmer's keyboard. (I've seen some PC keyboards, made by NorthGate, which have a switch to change the behavior to this mode). What these keyboards have which would be helpful to you is that the caps-lock key is down where Control is on a PC keyboard, and the control key is directly to the left of 'A'. (Now, you'll have to experiment with your editor to see what a "Control-A" does. In mine, it moves the cursor to the beginning of the line.) Some possible behaviors might be worse than your current problem.

Another possibility is to pop the keycap off the CAPS-LOCK key, and find a spring just large enough to surround the post and switch under the keycap, so it takes more force than usual to use the CAPS-LOCK. (I don't use it at all, so if you are similar, you could go inside the keyboard and cut a trace leading to the switch -- but be sure that you can jumper over the cut just in case, as this might cause a group of keys downstream of that one to no longer respond.

Or -- you could turn a sleeve to surround the switch and keep the key from ever depressing. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

folks are barely legible. Of course it shows they went to public

......and just what's wrong with learning the proper method for installing a condom....? Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

For those who are constantly hitting the Caps Lock and typing a half paragraph in ALL CAPS before you look up and notice, there is a simple solution.

It's a part of Windows Accessibility (Control Panel, Accessibility Options, Keyboard, Toggle Keys) - you can turn on a notification BEEP every time you hit Caps Lock (or the other Lock keys), and a BOOP when you shift back to normal. You'll still do it, but you'll know about it right away before you plow through three sentences.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Thanks. I had not found that.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I made up a door clamp in a shop once . Two lengths of 1" all thread running parallel through welded coupler nuts . It did bind a tad . Used a three corner file on the threads to get just enough clearance to move smoothly . It is still in use and has been in daily operation for over

25 years now . Ken Cutt
Reply to
Ken Cutt