Automotive wiring connectors-Source?

I need to fab a new rear wiring harness for the Roadster. Went to several parts stores...guess what? NOTHING. GGGRRRRRR. I don't want to
use several trailer plugs, which you have to buy the whole fuc--ing trailer harness to get both ends. Obviously, wiring projects aren't high on the list of DIY car dudes. Beyond butt connectors, there is no retail support for more in-depth fabbing. Anyone know of a source for milti-pin automotive type connectors? I need the sealed, weatherproof type. Thanks JR Dweller in the cellar

Eastwood, company, has great restoration supplies. I'd be surprised if looming supplies aren't among them. Google is your friend, I think it's eastwood-co.com but may be wrong.
Painless Wiring: http://www.painlesswiring.com /

snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com says...

You should be able to find what you need here... http://www.waytekwire.com /
The online catalog is pretty bad, try the pdf pages of the print catalog. If I have the current edition here, the automotive connectors start on page 28. http://www.waytekwire.com/CatPDF.htm
Ned Simmons

| > the sealed, weatherproof type. | > Thanks | > JR | > Dweller in the cellar | > | | You should be able to find what you need here... | http://www.waytekwire.com /
I second that motion heartily. I just started doing business with them and find them to be reasonably priced, unlike some specialty shops that overcharge. The only caveat is that there's often minimum quantities of items you want. I wanted a 4 fuse ATC fuse block, I had to buy 4. Needed about 40 stick on wire clips, had to get 53. Doesn't always seem to make sense, but I learned a long time ago that when it comes to electrical terminals, you always want to buy way more than you think you'll need anyway.
JR North wrote:

Radio shack sells molex style connectors. They work for all low current connections, IOW all single loads but not major power through the dash.
You can also get gold plated pins from electronic supply places like Gerber, good for the outside connections, marker lights and the like

Where are the connectors going, and do you *really* need them there?
Most connectors are for convenience during assembly, and can be done away with. My advice would be to get a hardcopy newark catalog and peruse the 'connector' department therein. I would steer far far away from anything that's not O-ring sealed, such as molex or cinch jones type.
I know a company called Connexall makes some nice environmentally sealed, glass reinforced nylon connectors. They're in Newark too.
Jim
please reply to:

Molex came out recently with some sealed connectors.
http://www.mouser.com/molex/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=molex
Regards,
Boris Mohar
Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things) http://www.viatrack.ca
void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Thanks for the link - but seeing as how the cannon MS connectors have been around for decades, I think I'll stick with them until molex figures out the bugs....
:^)
Jim
please reply to:

When I had a shop, I bought mine here. http://www.curtisind.com /