Cutting thin tiny glass parts

I have a really neat xtal - lots of RF ones, but a 2.0000 KHz. It is a tight tolerance Audio grade.

Kinda neat. I haven't taken it apart - I want the 2k as is - but wonder the design - long I suppose. But more than one xtal ? Is it filtered or just finely ground to audio tone generator. Saws are used to fine tune and trim - in RF.

Mart> >> On Fri, 01 May 2015 08:33:36 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote: >>

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Always get sapphire window. More common than thought. Many cell phones are sapphire and many chemical ports are. I have some myself. Most is broken flats and I have at least one nice one.

Mart> May not be large enough but how about the quartz windows on old UV eraseable

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

A simpler solution may be fused quartz microscope slides and cover slips. One can also get disks. For instance:

.
Reply to
Joe Gwinn