Gunner

Made in? China? Singapore? Taiwan? Tailand?. The new 734 isn't as tough as the old one. The British is not even as good as the earlier American.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Oh, I see. Well, when (if ever) my HF air impact falls apart, I will buy an Ingersoll-Rand. Mine was not the cheapest of what they had actually. Here it is. With my usage, it may last a lifetime.

Ignoramus6369

I'm with Iggy On this one

My air tools are all the Canadian equivalent of HF (Mastercraft is the brand name for most) and the occasional Craftsman. Simply put i paid the equivalent of two tools with brand names like IR or CP cast into the side for all nine air tools I own. (2 impacts, ratchet, 2 die grinders (Straight and right angle), air hammer, blow gun, Inflator, brad nailer and framing nailer)

My die grinders put the performance of my old dremel tool to shame even as "cheap imports" but my theory is if i kill anything i will replace it with a CP or IR but in the meantime the rest of those tools are good enough to meet my needs

I've learned that because some tools i eat alive and others i dont. IN my case it makes sense to buy the Import HF/POS whatever first and buy an industrial SECOND tool IF i need it

For example I now replace my Princess auto/HF cordless drill driver with a Dewalt corded hammer drill/driver and Hitachi Lithium Impact driver with a detachable hex shank But i ate that poor drill alive before i replaced it, And the replacements were industrial tools

Reply to
Brent

You need a jackhammer, a 45 pounder ought to do fine. Suggest you rent one as needed, few guys use them enough to justify their cost.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Get one that has SPS or SPS+ IIRC - and then a tool to fit the top of the rod. Maybe make one. -

You simply need a flat rod - that can be ground from a simple tool. Then a pipe sleeve that fits over the tool end and the rod. Centers the work.

Might be nice to have it held in place...

Might be able to make a pipe with a T in the middle. In the T screw a pipe that clamps down on the grounding rod. Like a big set screw.

They make some nice units - the SPS is a fast attach.

Large hardware stores have 'windows to watch and dream'.

Martin

Mart> Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On Sat, 12 May 2007 08:27:20 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

Those are used solely to shoot frogs. You want a rivEt gun.

My wrists, shoulders, and stomach muscles are sore as hell today after putting up a couple hundred feet of T-posts yesterday. Soft ground, but full of rocks. Ugh, only 700' more to go... (nice neighbor's fence @ a whopping $10/hr) Those 364' long rolls of range fencing are NOT light, so I'm not looking forward to that, either.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Mastercraft (Canadian Tire) is actually pretty decent stuff. The Canadian equivalent to HF is the"Power Fist" brand from Princess Auto.Mastercraft Pro stuff is better than the current offering from Craftsman. (and same warranty_

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

But if you have Whitworth fasteners, the British gun is mandatory

Reply to
Rex

Strap sez:

Don't you mean "ribbitt". Tex size frogs don't go "riviEt"

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

THe amount of plastic sections on the mastercraft tools does not inspire my confidence the Air hammer and die grinder have full plastic bodies and the ratchet and impact have only the handle made out of softer material (Softer on the hands I presume) comapred to the craftsman die grinder and the assortment of miscellaneous power fist stuff (Impact nailer air brush) the mastercraft tools are NOT confidence inspiring

But as i said if i break one i will Shrug and replace it with a name brand tool because i know what i'm paying for. I will probably look at it positively as an opportunity to pull the import apart and see how it worked

I know i'm getting what i pay for but i dont NEED the best of everything

Reply to
Brent

Just a footnote - yesterday I found a CP734 in very clean condition at a near-estate sale (real old guy selling his shop stuff before it's too late) along with a 3/8" impact wrench, a good quality Taiwan air cutoff tool and a pair of dividers, all for dirt cheap. The dividers are great, each leg is about

20" long, made in US, still work perfectly. Anyway, the CP734 is a great gun, especially for $10.

Grant

Grant Erw> I have a POS 1/2" impact wrench which is good for turning things with

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Shame onnyou grant!! At $10 you stole it.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Ingersol-Rand Titanium ! Lots of power

Reply to
sparky

Yup, and lots and lots a bucks.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Grant, you did very well and your impact will last your lifetime.

Congrats.

Ignoramus31292