Deep thread milling ?

Deep (50.8mm) threading M36-4. What's your first choice to do the job. Can't be turned. Can be milled.

I have some tiny little micro boring bars I use for deep thread milling small threads, but a 4mm pitch needs a huge tooth... and of course the reach to do the job.

Not my project. Operator would prefer some form of thread milling. The work piece was not described.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have some tiny little micro boring bars I use for deep thread = milling=20 small threads, but a 4mm pitch needs a huge tooth... and of course the =

reach to do the job.

Not my project. Operator would prefer some form of thread milling. = The=20 work piece was not described.

That project is going to require some pricey tooling. Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beel

Nope. They machined a boring bar and brazed a threading insert onto it. The job was done hours ago. Home made thread mill.

Reply to
Bob La Londe