Form tap or cut tap 1/2-13 in 12L14?

Aha. Since the part was a cylinder, I thought that might be the case. But you never know...
Yeah, I caught that. Transpositions can be interesting
Reply to
Ed Huntress
That is the b*tch of usenet, no way to edit now. In the civilized days we could fix our mistakes. to some degree.
Wes
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:06:46 -0400, Wes wrote the following:
Civilized days, as in "300baud BBS" days, Wes?
-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Even 1200 baud.
Wes
I use thread forming taps all the time, especially in aluminum, because they don't tend to go off angle if you are not using a fixture to keep the tap perpendicular to the work. If tapping holes in something large, this can be a big advantage.
Joe Gwinn
Reply to
Joseph Gwinn
When we tap holes in a complex part we use cutting taps because they can be sparked out.
DanP
Reply to
DanP