Free Equipment Removal and Russian Santa

I forgot to tell you to save the jets. You never know when you might want them to revert to propane.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Usually need a new regulator too.

MikeB

Reply to
BQ340

Here in Canada it is almost impossible to buy conversion kits to convert anything from Propane to NG, or vise versa. Appliance manufacturers are not alowed to sell retrofit kits - you have to buy the appliance set up for the gas you want to use. Makes it stupid expensive to switch a home from propane to NG when the pipeline gets installed down your road.

Reply to
clare

I think he has a natural gas rig but the plate will say for sure. Ole Hickory makes them both ways. Around my area NG is limited to the bigger towns, once you get away from there propane is king. The one I have run is propane but as long as it's set up right the fuel source doesn't matter much.

Reply to
Steve W.

I hooked up the Ole Hickory CTO meat smoker to natural gas and electric, in my shop.

It did seem to work, for the most part, and it was quite uncomplicated in its operation.

However, the heat thermostat seemed to not work properly, as it was only adjusting above 255 degrees and supposed to produce 225 degrees or even less.

I think that I will buy a new thermostat switch for it.

Also the wood chip box is almost completely rusted away and I need to make a new one.

It does, however, work on a basic level and it does turn off at about

260 degrees, which is what it maintains. I will try to see how I can regulate the heat for lower temp settings. i
Reply to
Ignoramus22892

Thermostat should go down to 100 and up to 300/325 or so if I remember right. There is a safety on them that should cut the burner at something like

350/375

You do realize the second you start smoking meat in the shop that drool is corrosive... :-)

Ever try smoking cheese at home? Works real nice and you can alter the flavor of the cheese to match other items.

I've done pork, beef, cheese, salmon, venison, turkey, shrimp, and tons of jerky.

Reply to
Steve W.

I will start with Brisket and chicken. I will also buy a new thermostat. Thanks a lot.

Ignoramus27320

Don't forget 'possum. It's an underappreciated suburban resource. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress