Gas mixer advice please

I ordered a nice oxygen flow meter that flows low enough so I can mix

2% oxygen with 98% argon for MIG welding SS. I built a gas mixer manifold before but I want to make another one just to make sure. The first one I built had inputs from flow meters that were connected to 30 PSI regulators. But the flow meter I just ordered needs to be connected to 50 PSI. I figure it doesn't matter because both flow meters are going to empty into a fairly free flowing manifold and then out the MIG hose and gun. Am I right? I read somewhere that the epoxy mixing tubes do a good job mixing gas. Anyone here know for sure? I have also read that I need to have backflow preventers to keep one cylinder from filling another. But I can't see how that would happen because the cylinders are full of gas at a higher pressure than 50 PSI. So even when not welding and the gas flow is stopped by the solenoid valve in tne welder I fail to see how the higher pressure oxygen could work its way through the lower pressure argon regulator and from there into the argon cylinder. Am I missing something? Thanks, Eric
Reply to
etpm