general purpose fill rod for OA

Is RG45 the most generic/general purpose fill rod that can be used on boring low-carbon steels like A36 or rebar?
I'd be using oxy-acetylene. Just want something real plain for patching up
what's basically scrap steel. I last used ER70s on real thin wire and sheets, but that was a while ago.
Any specific real-life reasons to pick one over the other for non-critical uses?
On 4/28/2021 9:27 AM, Cydrome Leader wrote:

I welded a lot of stuff with an OA rig and a clothes hanger when I was younger. Its not really a big deal for A36 or other mild steel. Rebar is less consistent as to carbon content so who knows. As you say non critical so if it sticks it sticks.
https://www.avg.com