Gold and Silver

Roy's Junk wrote:

What you need to do is to develop an eye.
And grow balls.
Thing is, you show up at an auction with a chemistry set and .... let's just say it won't be pretty. And I'll lead the charge if my O'l Lady doesn't nut shoot you first.
Dumbass, you have to learn the stampings and other stuff. If you don't want to put in the effort to learn these things, and it applies in more than an auction setting, your ass is dead meat.
You show up at my auction and scrape a stamped ring .... Your ass is mine.
If you can't tell the difference you have no business being there.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Mark wrote:

:-)
--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

I originally said: I go to a lot of auctions where a lot of junk is sold. I frequently get jewelry and other items that contain gold and silver. Some will be marked as to content but sometimes things appear to be gold or silver but is not marked. Most appears to have no gold or silver beyond plating.
I said I get these things. I said some is marked as to say I do know and learn what the stampings mean. My concern is with the items that I get as in they are now mine but unmarked as to content.
I never said anything about taking a chemistry set to an auction.
I have seen many items being sold as gold that were clearly marked as gold plate or gold filled.
I don't know what set you off unless it is lack of reading comprehension. Your answer has no relation to what I said and asked.
Roy

<Mark's blather snipped>

Mark must have had a rough Christmas. Everything he posted this morning was a vulgar tirade. Plonked him.
Pete Keillor
I would like to thank all for the very useful information given in response to my usenet post.
Roy