Having trouble finding wood and metal manufacturing employees

Hello, I live in a small town and we have over 100 open jobs in our manufacturing industry. I need help in finding skilled, unskilled, and certified machinists, welders, and general manufacturing employees. Some companyies are offering Relocation Assistance, Signing Bonus,and great benefits. If you, or anyone you know is looking for a great place to raise a family, low cost of living, small town living at it's best, go to

to see current postings or email me directly at snipped-for-privacy@huronjobs.com. Thank you!

Reply to
Huron Jobs

--Trouble finding wood? Try raw oysters.

Reply to
steamer

============================ What did you do with the last bunch of machinists, welders, and manufacturing employees you had?

Why would anyone in their right mind move to a single employer town? Any down-turn in their sector of the economy means selling your home, moving your family and starting over again in a new location.

The problem is that this is too close to the last boom/bust cycle. You need to let a few more years elapse and a new crop of suckers mature.

I live in a small town, but I am retired. I, and a lot of people I know, got burned on this type of deal. I sold my house that I had paid off and lived in for 15 years in another small town 5 years ago, and just broke even, not including the interest I paid on the mortgage.

What sort of employment stability exists in your location and/or alternative employment do you have available? With the advent of the new large round bales, even "bucking bales" is no longer an option in most areas.

Unka George (George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Did any of you guys even check out the website? Its not a single employer town. Several companies are advertising for help, including Terex, which makes cranes and excavators- they are not likely to go out of business any time soon. Construction is booming in China, and these guys sell the chinese equipment. Also, one of the divisions of Cabela that makes outdoor equipment is there, along with several other manufacturers, lots of ag support shops, fabricators, a big truss company, and so on.

I have no doubt there are really jobs there- Have you ever been to that part of South Dakota? Aint much there- its a long way from anywhere, and most kids move out as soon as they can. Its cold in the winter, hot in the summer, and a long way from even a small city, much less a big one.

The whole midwest farm belt is emptying out- who want to live in a little town hundreds of miles from nowhere? Whole towns are empty these days.

Reply to
rniemi

money talks bs walks lets face it if it was a really good prospect people would be beating your doors down and you would not have to advertise ever.... the real situation is probably in your area the state makes a ton of consessions to the corp and the working stiff picks up the tab all the way around same ole s--- different bag.. you want 50 years experience 40,000 worth of employee furnished tools the rate is 1.00 over min wage and you have to be 21 and gullible [ you are going to be a TEAM player you know] plenty of overtime to the point that you do not even know what your working for or your family grows up and out the door and you have trouble remembering their names. i feel sorry for the young ones today not much real opportunities left just a lot of BS promises AGAIN IF THIS WAS SUCH A FABULOUS DEAL YOU WOULD NOT BE POSTING ON A NEWSGROUP..

Reply to
batw

pawnbrokers.

politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
Huron Jobs

Reply to
Huron Jobs

OK, then maybe those jobs aren't on the site you linked to?

Seemes like there are a half dozen of them there, and three or four are for manufacturing industries.

It's sort of hard to get a feel for the town from that web site.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Try

(I love this site :-)). Actually, a link to this site might be a good addition to the huronjobs site.

-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

Reply to
Carl Ijames

Nice place to live. Winters can be brutal though.

Good gunlaws (or lack of them) etc.

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

Ive many customers who have moved from So. Cal to places like Sturgis and other small towns, to beat the high cost of living in So. Cal, the overregulation, crime and so forth. All Ive kept in touch with are doing well and happier than a bug in the rug.

They claim the employees that went with them, are for the first time, able to afford a home of their own and dont have to commute 2-3 hours each way.

There is a serious trend underway to move industry..some types anyways, out of the urban areas.

Once you have decent shipping, such as UPS etc..it really doesnt mean squat where your factory is, in many cases.

A large number of office type jobs, call centers etc etc are moving to small towns, for the same reason. Internet/VPP has made communications between companies no harder than if they were next door to each other, even if htey are a thousand miles apart.

Just makes a business lunch a bit more problematic....

Gunner

Gunner

"money touch,"

pawnbrokers.

politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

On 19 Jul 2006 18:28:01 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, jim rozen quickly quoth:

Try this one:

What do you need to know except "It gets down way below zero up here in the Winter!", Jim?

--Socrates + Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques