Help with small cutting wheels

Hi, all:

I am looking for a small diamond cutting wheel with a cone or inverted cone shape and a 60 degree edge angle. It should be similar in appearance to this approx. 3/8" Dremel 7117 wheel:

but I'm looking for one that will fit on a 3/32" mandrel instead of being mounted on a 3/32" shank like the one in the picture is. This is so that I can assemble a pair of them together to build a form cutter.

Does anyone:

1) Know the model of a commercially-available wheel that would fit the bill or

2) Have an opinion on the feasability of taking a few 7117 diamond cutting wheels to a precision machinist and having them replace the shaft with a 3/32" hole?

Thanks!

-Boyd

Reply to
boydsteere

Look for an outfit called Congress Tools in Naugatuck CT, I bet they have a source.

Reply to
bamboo

Boyd, you could try Lasco diamond products.They make tools for industry as well as lapidary and hobbiest. I buy a lot of their odd shaped diamond tools just like you are looking for. They may even make the piece for you.

MKnott