HF Carbide Tool Grinder

Had mine for a year, its one of their tools, that is well made.

xman

Reply to
xmradio

I've had my eye on Harbor Freight's 46727 carbide bench grinder for some time. This is the one with the steel backed wheels and tables on the sides. I mainly want to use it to grind HSS shaper bits, and to touch up carbide lathe bits.

It is normally $160, on sale for $130 and HF sent me a 20% off coupon by email (via harborfreightusa.com -- notice the usa). That brought it down the $113 after taxes!

I picked it up this afternoon. It assembled easily, is smooth, quiet and very well constructed.

Reply to
AL

Reply to
wayne mak

I don't think you need the special product number extension to get the sale price anymore. Nowadays it seems they always show the sale price on the website if an item is on sale, regardless of the extension.

The store sales don't always coincide with the the web promotions, though. At my local place, you can bring a printout of the web page with the sale price, and the store will honor it even if it's not on sale here.

Cheers,

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

This tool certainly looks very nice. The price is very attractive. I sold a similar one, in 440V 3 phase no less, in very used condition, to a cheapskate local buyer, who knew the value of everything (he is a very nice jewish guy who owns a small factory), for $100. So if this one works as advertised, it must be a great value for money.

Ignoramus1729

Some people know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Is there a reason you feel the need to label this guy Jewish?

sincerely, the Israeli Jew Shabtai Evan

Ignoramus1729 wrote:

Reply to
Shabtai Evan