Does anyone make HSS inserts for carbide tool holders?

I have to make a number of fussy little groove and radius lathe cutters. Grinding a HSS insert would be easier than grinding them out of a full size lathe tool.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Jim Stewart explained on 1/5/2009 :

These are the only ones I know about.

I don't know if they'd fit a carbide holder or if you have to get the Warner holders also.

I got a set of the their holders and bits. I prefer HSS and am too lazy to grind bits if I don't have to.

Wayne D.

Reply to
Wayne

I've dealt with them directly at

also show up at NAMES, probably Cabin Fever as well.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Maybe something from Thinbit...

Would drill blanks be too slender?

Everede makes boring bars that use small HSS tool bits with a triangular cross section.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Wes

Just what I was looking for.