A few days ago I posted about putting bushings in worn hinges for a '54('55 ?) Lincoln restoration . Well , I picked up the other 3 and got them home -the first was a piece of cake - and tried to remove the pins . TRIED being the operative word here . Tap on the end of the pin and ... nothing , so smack it a little harder and ... nothing . OK , get a bigger hammer , and a punch since the end of the pin is beginning to deform and ... nothing . OK , put a little oil on them and let them sit while I machine a slug with a pin on one end to try pressing them out . 12 ton jack in a homemade frame , and I used every ounce it had . Result is the pin on the end of the slug now looks like a little teeny barrel , it was so cute ! Heat and a pin of better steel had the same result ... so I decided to see if a chisel under the head would do anything , and discovered that at least 2 had broken pins . I did manage to drill one of the broken ones out ... So I called my guy and told him this ain't working , can he get some hinges from the donor car and see if they're any easier . He does , and then tells me these difficult hinges have been sitting half a mile from the beach out in California for the last 20 years ... no wonder they're frozen ! I've got 2 more to do now , plan to get them out this AM and get them delivered .