Honda GC190 5hp pressure washer problems

Hi everyone. I'm new here, so guide me if I'm in the wrong forum let m

know plz. Recently my pressure washer has been acting up on me. After running fo several minutes until hot, the motor looses power while in use until th point engine stalls out. Automatic choke opens and closes constantl causing engine to rev up and down several times before stall occurs When I try to crank it up again, it takes several tries to get i running only to have it stall all over. Oil has been changed often fuel always fresh and full, air cleaner is very clean and carb. ha recently been removed to be checked for proper functioning an cleaning. Any ideas, please throw them my way. Thanks for any help

-- mtlmark23

Reply to
mtlmark23

There is a special valve on the water pump that allows water to recirculate in the pump, when the pressure washer is not spraying anything. Maybe it is acting up?

Ignoramus2596

This is characteristic of a bad magneto coil. You might check for blockage of the cooling air flow, but most likely the coil is fried. When it gets hot, the insulation breaks down, and the spark becomes very weak.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

If problem is what you say, how much will repairs be? I just dropped of

pressure washer at a Honda dealer this morning. There guess was old ga in carb. I told them that carb was drained as well as old fuel in tank and I refilled with fresh gas. They still lean towards old gas being m problem. I'm doubtful, but hope it is what they say

-- mtlmark23

Reply to
mtlmark23