How can they do this?

I came across this one last night. How can they make a living doing this? Any ideas?

texasprecisionmachining

Pretty simple... a "finders fee" or commission on every job placed with a listing vendor.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

How they make a living from your SPAM? Don't know.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

How about they keep suckering in small hungry job shops and charging them a nice chunk of change with grandiose promises which are hardly ever fulfilled. Just a guess....

JB

Reply to
John

I emailed them to find out how the commission thing works. I'll let you guys know.

Reply to
texasprecisionmachining

Up front fee for both the suppliers and buyer plus some sort of commission on each transaction. Sorta like e-bay without the charge to the buyer.

Distributors have been mak> I came across this one last night. How can they make a living doing > this? Any ideas?

Reply to
RoyJ

Ok, so they got back with me in less than an hour. Wow! So i called and they are legit. They don't charge anything. There are no fee's. I uploaded drawings before I left the drawing to check them out. If its like they say, I might send some of my work their way. We're so busy, I've been turning work down. I dunno, its worth a shot.

Reply to
texasprecisionmachining

They do it the same way I used to do it, but I didn't have the internet to help...I had to know who to call for what process/product/whatever my client needed. My long distance bill was badbadbad. I didn't have to be able to MAKE the part, just find the people that COULD make the part, often never even seeing the part in question.

Until some buyers started demanding that I have product insurance and be "certified" and other "-fied" things, I'd still be doing it.

MIke

Reply to
The Davenport's

Nobody has a clue what or who you're answering, because you didn't include any context.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Has anyone tried it? I always was a bit leary (sp) to try. curious, never-the-less.

Reply to
seeker_2003