How to solve problem of scratch on supposed to be flat surface

It is on piece that connects fuel line to fuel filter on 93 Camry. A crush washer is used to seal off this surface but has scratch going from OD to ID . It had to of been there before I took line off, and the banjo bolt was on very tight. I don't want off the part to surface grind if i don't have to. I'm wondering if these is some epoxy or ? I could use to fill this very sm all and shallow scratch. As I said a crush washer is going over this surfac e. I've tried stoning and its not going away. Any ideas?

Reply to
Butter

Butter fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Looks like you need Permatex PermaShield. According to their specs it resists gas and can be put into service immediately.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I read the reviews for this at Amazon and one specifically said it will not fill hairline cracks. Several others talked about problems with leakage using it. I'll keep looking and give this a try if i don't find anything better.

Reply to
Butter

Can you apply enough heat to soft solder? Then file that flat...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

BTW... you mentioned that it doesn't "fill cracks". You're NOT FILLING CRACKS... just scratches!

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh