ideas for making small disk

snip--->

Chuckle! Having spent the vast majority of my years in the shop doing small work, I would be at a loss to understand how it would get distorted. I could clamp and drill a .010" thick dead soft copper disc without harming it in the least. When you do small work, you work and think differently.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Steel; I used drill rod just just because I had it. cs

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood

Thanks. I like this approach. chuck

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood

tx?UQMoÛ0 ½ûW¼Cz)¼dH¡)?½4?h±?X´¥F=??á_*ñ0ä$?||Tµú;²ì^Lâ`±2ý°ï1??7N?óe?UÝéÜx?ëH²ê´=%?è)gÓªHS¾ßnwÛ???????§Ò?Ò÷zaÖu]=øÇ"ððÍ?þ«ñìÆæè ðbN>vPZ?#?Lô????1?I¹x@vhªª>8ÔÑÈ

Reply to
Robin S.

differently.

Heh! To each, his own. I would be just as lost working on a 40 ton item, in spite of being in the shop since 1957. Don't like large work. Never have!

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

A bit tougher to machine cleanly than some others, I would suggest getting some 12L14 -- probably the nicest machining steel around, if you don't need it to be hardenable.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I agree! My basic rule is I don't like to work on it if I can't pick it up by myself. ...controlling a crane by myself doesn't count either! :-)

Reply to
skuke