Is this a deal on a Lincoln SquareWave 175?

I just got home from four days at the Delco Drags in Las Vegas.
Awesome four days. Awesome show. Huge field of cars. Cool blowup by Cruz
Pedregon. Force was eliminated. Lots and lots of action.
Went walking through the pits. Lincoln had a semitrailer there with a nice display. Stopped to talk to the nice man about a couple of problems I was having with my SP175+. Then asked him some questions on the SquareWave 175, which I am considering.
He gave me a show price good till Nov. 26 of $1330 no freight and no tax delivered in Las Vegas, where I live.
What is your opinion of this price?
Steve
Looks like the best deal I have seen so far. I found this guy on Ebay and dealt direct. Real helpful. His deal included a jacket and decent pair of gloves. Same terms - no tax or shipping charge which included the lift gate truck to drop it off at my house.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryE031&item%63497793
Having fun with mine
Jim Vrzal Holiday,Fl.
SteveB wrote:

Yes that is a good deal on the Lincoln Squarewave 175, but for $300 more you can get all it's capabilities, and more in and inverter.
Thermal Arc Prowave 185TSW. They run aroundr $1600 and come complete like the Lincoln 175.
You not only get the same output as the Lincoln, but you also get variable frequency AC wave for aluminum, and a pulser. Plus it only needs a 30 amps circuit of 220 volt Single phase unlike the Lincoln 175 which needs 60 amps.
Pound for pound, dollar for dollar it is the best deal in a small AC/DC TIG on the market today. It is a better deal than the Lincoln Squarewave 175, Miller Syncrowave 180SD, and all the other inverter AC/DC TIG machines. The only one close is the ESAB Heliarc 161, but it has a lower range and some funky controls.
http://www.thermadyne.com/newsprodspotdetail.asp?div=tai&id "0
Here it is for $1585
http://rochweld.safeshopper.com/24/458.htm?514
Trust me you will like it more than the Lincoln, if only because it weighs about 40 lbs instead of 200 lbs.
BTW We bought 2 Lincoln Squarewave 175's for my school about 6 months ago. They are nice simple machines, and are good for us because they are too heavy for somebody to walk away with. Hence why we don't buy small inverters. If I could figure out how to secure them I would much rather have inverters.

That sounds like a good price. I bought a Synchrowave 180 about 2 years ago for $1425+tax, shipping included, from a local dealer. Gary Brady Austin, TX
http://www.weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?Next::1:UNDEF:OR:K1478-3 This is where I got mine. Delivered in 2 days (!) JR Dweller in the cellar
SteveB wrote:

--
Remove X to reply