Just another airplane model?

I think not. Dentists are also responsible for many highly detailed model ships, as well. Must be a character trait that goes macro

Stupendous Man

rangerssuck

What! ... the engine doesn't run!?! (I'm reminded of that Frenchman & his Ferrari). Cool, anyhow. I wonder how hard it was to get the engineering drawings? Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Beautiful!

Here's the other extreme:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Let the Record show that "Stupendous Man" on or about Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:12:41 -0800 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Considering how they do their professional work inside a rather confined area ... not surprising.

pyotr filipivich

I'll bet you a buck he's a pretty damned good dentist, too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Hey doc, what's this lever coming out of my tooth for?

Reply to
Bob F

I'll second that thought.

My dad's half brother Leo, born in Poland around 1890, became a surgical dentist in Germany. Somehow, dad managed to get him and his wife into the USA in 1940 or 1941 and he spent the WWII years working in our family's jewelry making shop.

He created many beautiful and detailed pieces of jewelry from scratch during those years, and he tought me to make the rubber molds for the wax patterns and then do the lost wax casting of multiple copies of his originals.

He and his wife moved to Israel after the war where he returned to being a dentist for another couple of decades.

Thanks for the mammaries..

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia