Laser edge and center finder

Does anyone have experience with these:
http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID%43&category10310429
Google and Dejanews comments suggest that they may not be the best for edge finding (most comments prior to integral polarizing attachments) which I can intuitively understand, but I feel that they should be the thing for center finding.
I am using one of these:
http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID40&category10310429
I have no problem finding the edges with it but I am not ecstatic about its ability to find centres.
--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

If you have a dial indicator, you could probably find hole centers very accurately and not have to spend the $85 + bucks for the laser tool. Not that the laser tool wouldn't be a 'cool' tool just to own. :-)
Lewis.
*****
Use layout blue when finding centers. Turn the polarizing filter to make the dot as small as possible to eliminate flare from the bare metal under the spot. Turning off the room light helps too.
Bob Swinney

Michael Koblic wrote:

http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID%43&category10310429
http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID40&category10310429
I use the laser quite a bit when accuracy of more than +_ .002 is not an issue. Mine came without a polarizing filter but the dot is small enough and adequate. I had to modify the turn on and off system, the plastic piece was too slippery for my oily fingers. If you get one you'll see what I mean.
cheers T.Alan
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 21:33:29 -0800, "Michael Koblic"

have you ever seen a laser with a point?
you can sharpen a scribe, you can sharpen a centre punch but I'd defy you to sharpen a laser.
they're only good for woodwork. Stealth Pilot
Michael Koblic wrote:

http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID%43&category10310429
http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID40&category10310429
For working to a scribed line I use a wiggler.
For a hole center I usually use a "Last word" type indicator.
For edge location I usually use an edge finder.
Matt

I've never used a wiggler. Can you explain how they are used to locate a scribed line? I usually use an edge finder for both edges ans centres, but the location of a scribed line sound useful.