Looking for Source for small thrust bearings

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to find a source for a small needle roller or ball thrust
bearing. The thrust bearing ID must work with a 3/8" OD shaft. I need
to keep the OD of the bearing at .71" or smaller, the thinner the
bearing is the better. The closest thing I've found is a part # BR5-1
from

I've tried mcmaster, mscdirect, reidsupply, globalspec and online
searching but I haven't found anything smaller than a .802" OD.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a company or supplier that may
have what I need ?
Thanks
John
Reply to
John2005
skf? fag? Grainger? NNT?
What's the application? When I'm trying to design something that the parts for aren't available, I almost always find that someone has a smarter way to do what I'm trying to do, which is why the oddball parts I'd like aren't available.
Reply to
Dave Hinz
Thanks Dave,
I don't think SKF or fag have it, but I have not tried NNT or Grainger.
BR5-2 was the Berg number that was closest , I goofed up.
I actually just thought of a way that will probably allow me to use the .802" OD Berg bearing, but I would still like to find another source if possible, Berg is somewhat expensive and there is no OEM part number on the package they sent me as there sometimes is. They sent me a set made in the USA and a set made in China, the one's made in China are noisy and cheap looking, the one's from the USA run nice and quiet.
Thanks again,
John
Reply to
John2005
That sounds like a Torrington NTA-613, though I have two references here and one says .802 OD, the other .812.
Reply to
Ned Simmons
Thanks for the help Ned, I will check those sources.
I checked my Timken catalog, but it seemed all the thrust bearings were too large for my purposes.
John
Reply to
John2005
Model helicopters use thrust bearings in their blade holders. They are probably too small for you, but if you looked at the very biggest helicopters, you might get close.
Reply to
Robert Roland
Don't know which country you're in, John, but if you have access to RS Components, or Farnell/Newark, such things are in their catalogues.
Reply to
David R Brooks
John2005 wrote in news:cef43798-7687-49f7-85c0- snipped-for-privacy@s12g2000prg.googlegroups.com:
Try national precision bearing.
Good quality stuff from them.
Reply to
Anthony
Not directly a lot of help to John, but my local friends show the Torrington bearings here:-

I even have some waiting for a project :-)
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
McMaster carr has them down to 1/8" bore. 6655K18 is for a 5/8" bore. they are general purposr bearings though. Kinda cheap but they'll work for light thrust loads. Catalog Page 1081.
Reply to
Dan

Site Timeline