machining rubber

I'm guessing you never have either. It takes more like a six pack of extinguishers to cool one beer.

Reply to
cavelamb

Not if it is a true co2 unit. A 20 pounder will take a 6 pack down to about 40 degrees on an 80 plus day without a fuss. BTDT with units we were taking out of service. Of course it was soda but hey it did the job. I wouldn't use it as the method of choice though since that can get VERY expensive real quick.

Reply to
Steve W.

On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:59:41 +1100, Grumpy top-posted:

I once did this with some steel pins that had to be put in an aluminum block, but I just put the pins in the company's freezer (a household fridge in the kitchen), and heated up the aluminum block with a torch.

That worked well, too! :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Snip.

Yep ! if they were a snug fit when you put them in, they'll be there fore ever.

Reply to
Grumpy