Need a name for a high-end BBQ brush

Lots of metalworking already done, more to come! I have prototypes of a new brass brush for restaurant and BBQs. Its 20" long with a heavy brass wire fill and really works great on porcelain coated BBQs and general gourmet kitchen stuff, and I'm not easily impressed with brushes. We already sell a third of out output to food trade. It's expensive and aimed at that high-end market. Help me think of a name for it and I might give a bunch away when they go into production.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

BBQ-Clean or Clean-BBQ. I cuold use a good BBQ brush for my Weber.

Reply to
Rich

The Bra$$ Barbecue Bru$h (tm)...

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Grub-Scrubber

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Hey Tom,

Hmmm... how about B-B-G....Burn-Be-Gone or B-B-Goo brush or even B-B-Q-Goo brush. Or get proud... N-P-H.. for No Problem Hon

Take care.

Ohh.......and Good Luck with the new product too.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

ps.. Can we have more than one entry??

Grill Tamer ??

No B-S...No Burnt Stuff

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX >Lots of metalworking already done, more to come! I have prototypes of a new

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Who are you going to give them to? ;-)

GrillBright

BarbaClean

The Brash

Rick

Reply to
Rick

The Buckeye BBQ Brush.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

HI Tom:

CONGRATULATIONS on successfully developing and selling a product... I have done several over the years... my current business is a kneepad... yup, a stupid kneepad, but one that is specificically designed for pro contractors with surgically repaired knees to get back to work on their knees -- painfree. We got two patents on it and another one pending.. website is

As you have found out, naming is a BIG BIG hassle and so very tough to do well. There are several software programs out there that help in naming product.. NamePro is one (do a google search) Name Builder is another. A good thesaurus in indispensible...

I have always, if possible, tried to incorporate a "benefit" into the product name, as well as having a somewhat descriptive name... You want to hit the right "tone". Our kneepads are called Patella T kneepads.. "Patella", since it is the medical name for the kneecap, the "T" comes from the shape of our protective cap. ANYone you has had knee surgery knows what the patella bone is, so we immediately begin to associate our Patella Kneepads with a more medical leaning, versus something like "Monster Kneepad".

You mentioned that your brushes do great job of cleaning porcelain grills.. and that they are used by commercial kitchens. So, you may want to incorporate words that indicate that that professional heritate-- chef : chef's choice, chef's friend, grill master, grill master's professional, (note.. "grill is more industrial sounding than a plain "stove"). Safe (for porelain), soft scrub, scour, etc etc Add you own ideas and words. Then you can start putting words together:

Grill Master's Professional Cleaning Brush Grill Master Pro Heavy Duty Brush Scrub Master Brush SCRUB's (tm) Master Brush (i.e. trademark your name as SCRUB's, or whatever and make a whole line of cleaning utensils)

SCRUB's Soft Scour Bush SCRUB's Soft Scour Brush.... ideal on porcelain and other fine surfaces (this is your tag line)

Anyway, I hope you get the idea... the first job is to simply put words on paper.. "free associate", as it were, then start combining words and phrases until something clicks. Good Luck..

Reply to
Steve Koschamnn

The best damn grill brush ever

Reply to
dann mann

BB-Master Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

The Barby Brush

Reply to
michael

Barby-Clean

Gunner

Gunner

ScourSoft

StaticsJason

Reply to
Statics

Barby Cue-tip (TIC)

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

The BBQ Blaster (Next year, introduce the vibrating, lithium-ion, cordless Turbo BBQ Blaster)

The Mad Cow's Best Friend

The Fat Master

The BBQ Back Scratcher

The Grillinator (need a 49 state and a California model)

The Porcupine

Man's second best friend

OH, wait, you said a high-end BBQ brush. Ya gotta have some of them fancy French sounding words in the title. Sorry, can't help ya.

Reply to
Doug Smith

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I don't know any French either, so I went to a web translator and came up with "Le Brosse."

"Le Brosse." It's the perfect name. It's short and easy to remember. Not too difficult to pronounce. And oh so hoity-toity sounding that the upwardly mobile set won't be able to resist it.

P.S. According to this web translator, the French word for "barbique" is "goatee." I wouldn't think it wise to call it "Le Goatee Brosse."

Reply to
Artemia Salina

According to B'fish, German for brass brush is "Messingbürste". There's also "Grillbürste" (BBQ brush). The umlaut is good for at least a 10% sales increase in the right demographic.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

How about ASH SCRUBER?

Reply to
Donald

In a product name you want to indicate the target market and imply superior performance and tweak the imagination.

Grilldozer Master Grillscrub MegaGrillBrush

Probably the first is the best. Concise and evocative.

Jim

Reply to
Jim McGill

Grill-dozer? Crud-Buster?