Need Camera to view my teeth on TV or PC

Need Camera to view my (real) teeth or my back on a TV or PC in high resolution. Saw some but they all lacked a light. My budget is about $100 and somebody ought to have this.

Guess I could come up with a light myself if I had to. Any hints will be appreciated.

Reply to
Mikie

I have no experience with this or any other brand. Just wanted to show that the product *does* exist at a reasonable price. DAGS "intraoral camera" and "dental camera".

I was logged to the dental newsgroup for a few months years ago. One of the dentist's mentioned that these inexpensive oral cameras had come on the market.

The good doctors were *very* concerned about that.

I wonder why?

Reply to
Winston

search for digital camera and look at items 67979 ($79) and 67980 ($200). I keep trying to find an excuse to get the 67980 but I haven't managed it yet even though it's on sale now :-).

Need Camera to view my (real) teeth or my back on a TV or PC in high resolution. Saw some but they all lacked a light. My budget is about $100 and somebody ought to have this.

Guess I could come up with a light myself if I had to. Any hints will be appreciated.

Reply to
Carl Ijames

When I was a kid, we used a flashlight to see our teeth, and a hand mirror (in combination with the wall mirror) to see the back of our head.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You need an excuse? JR Dweller in the cellar

HOME PAGE:

JR North

USB microscopes w/lights start at around $40.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Google "USB Otoscope" or search ebay same words

Reply to
Rex

Reply to
Mikie

Reply to
Mikie

I looked at these two before - also. Not sure how well they may work in a tight space such as a mouth and at right angles to the cable???

The >

search for digital camera and look at items 67979

Reply to
Mikie

Also consider making an adapter for your digital camera. Macro mode is pretty good on the newer models and you can always attach a mirror tool to see the inside tooth surfaces.

A cheap video monitor attached to the 'video out' port of your camera will make composition possible.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I'd use the right angle mirror to look at the teeth instead of trying to make a very tight bend in the cable. Yeah, I wish the battery was removable in case it dies, but you can't have everything. (And yes, for $200 I have to tell myself at least something to justify an impulse purchase. Does that make me a cheapskate? :-))

I looked at these two before - also. Not sure how well they may work in a tight space such as a mouth and at right angles to the cable???

The >

search for digital camera and look at items 67979

Reply to
Carl Ijames

An auto motive bore scope should work too.

Also some of the video hack companies like ATV research have some inexpensive magnifier cameras listed from time to time.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

USB Microscopes, 'Buy It Now' starting under $25. Auctions start at under $4, including shipping.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Looks like a winner. I'm not familiar with purchasing on Ebay - hear it can be a problem - I have a Mastercard 'no PayPal' account. Is there a simple procedure? Most seller say that only Paypal is accepted.

Reply to
Mikie

Paypal is simple. You set up a paypal account and link it to a checking account or credit card. When you buy something on Ebay, you click on the pay now button. That takes you to the login page for Paypal. Paypal displays the purchase price & shipping. You click 'Continue' and it takes you back to Ebay to verify the purchase, and you're done. You have to approve the purchases each time you use Paypal. It normally takes just a few seconds to complete a transaction.

You can open a case against a seller who misrepresents their product. If they don't come to an agreeable settlement, it is escalated to Ebay. If they can't reach an agreement with the seller, they will refund the money to your paypal account. You can also sign up to get 2% back of every purchase in the form of a Paypal certificate, issued once every three months. I've only had one real problem out of 137 transactions in the 14 months I've use Ebay. Another seller didn't send all of the tomato seeds i ordered. He refunded the difference the same day. Another sent me a DVD of out of print books that was blank, except for the main folder. He refunded, as well. Apparently he had severe health problems, and shipped a couple bad disks. After he refunded the money, he closed his account. All in all, I've been happy using Ebay. Most of what I've bought is out of print Science fiction books, and electronic components. I just got the 3.5" color LCD NTSC video monitor I was waiting on. $21.98, including shipping. It runs on 12 volts, and will be used with a small camera to watch my driveway when I'm expecting company, or a delivery. It sits in front, and under the edge of my computer monitor where I don't have to turn my head constantly. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell