Need some superspeed El Rusto

I'm making some window awnings out of S corrugated steel. The steel is heavy gauge, and to me looks like Corten, or similar, made to rust. I want the finished article to have a rusty patinated look.

The sheets have been stacked. The top one is perfectly and evenly patinated. The ones underneath have patterns where the water has ran into them and rusted them, and other areas of where the fishoil is still there.

How would you get them to rust fast and evenly?

I thought of laying them out, cutting them to length, scrubbing them with some solvent remover and sand mixed together, rinsing, then spray with a light mix of muriatic acid. Then rinsing and repeating.

Ideas appreciated if you've worked with this stuff.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Reply to
Steve B

Well, degrease first, then brush with chlorine bleach. Wait a few hours.

Wear something that looks good with white spots, and rinse it promptly after the bleach application...

Reply to
whit3rd