need suggestions for small break/shear

Hi, I would like to get a small, 24" to 36" break/shear for hobby use. Would like to fine a good quality unit. And you really can't tell by the names where these things are made or how good they are. I have a Jet table saw, which is pretty good quality even though it is of asian manufacture. I'm wanting to make boxes and cases, like computer and stereo size. Thanks.

Reply to
noel

--3 good brands: Strippit, Pexto and Kidder.

Reply to
steamer

I'll have to disagree with you here. Kidder is pure crap and Strippit doesn't make the tools he wants. Look for PEXTO, DiAcro, Wysong, Chicago or even Berkroy, here on the left coast. Leigh@MamMachine

Reply to
Leigh Knudson

I dont know dick about sheet metal tools, but anything Leigh tells you about the subject, you can take to the bank. He has forgotten more about the subject than Ill ever know.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

--Guess they've gone downhill; I've got a little Kidder tool somewhere in my kit and it's always performed faithfully. Not really industrial grade to be sure, but not as pricey either. As for DiAcro they've change their name to Strippit, so neener neener neener.. ;-)

Reply to
steamer

Not exactly. They *were* acquired by Strippit at one time, but they are back in business under their own name, producing the machines which made their name again.

Visit:

A useful site, even if you're buying used machines (as I am), since I have been able to download pdf format manuals for the machines which I have (a 24" finger brake, and a 12" shear), along with one for the corner notcher to serve as a rough guide for my no-name one which is similar enough.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols