OT: table router

I was looking at modern router table for use with wood, and hopefully plastic and stuff like phenolic sheets or shapes.
Everything new seems to be plastic junk.
The only promising looking stuff that's new I could find is from a company called Incra www.incra.com. The stuff is alleged to be made here and appears to rather precise with leadscrews and stuff like that, and no plastic locking levers.
Anybody seen or used this stuff before? I found a person that has some Incra rules, but that's it. The other options is find some old table from the pre-junk era and restore it, but I'm really not interested in that.

It is.

It is.

Yes, I have. Incra equipment is top-notch, among the finest quality woodworking equipment available. It's not cheap, though -- like anything else, you need to pay for quality.
If you want more opinions, ask over in rec.woodworking.

Thanks for the info. I'll bug people over there. Sort of forgot there are other groups.

they both look exciting with prices to match.

Would you say their stuff is as good as a Sherline lathe? I'm not looking to make a wooden warship or anything really large, so the ultimate in sturdy isn't what I seek- just something that's not junk and is fairly precise if used properly.

As usual, Jonny Bonkers has no idea what he's talking about.
If you want worthwhile opinions on the quality of a particular line of woodworking equipment, you're probably better off consulting experienced woodworkers than taking the advice of an unemployed and unbalanced machinist.

Doug, did you mean to say, "unemployed and unbalanced Wannabe machinist who never cut a chip in his life"?
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote in

Possibly. But I think you know Jonny Bonkers better than I do...
On 12/31/2014 5:37 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

A random man on the street would give better advice than JohnBoy.
Not just woodworking, I mean ANYTHING.
David
On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 15:27:58 -0600, "David R. Birch"

Hey, David, that's a nice looking fab shop. I see that you have a bunch of CO2 lasers. Are you thinking about adding fiber or disk?
--
Ed Huntress

Have you looked at a Bench Dog Table Saw extension?