OT: table router

I was looking at modern router table for use with wood, and hopefully plastic and stuff like phenolic sheets or shapes.

Everything new seems to be plastic junk.

The only promising looking stuff that's new I could find is from a company called Incra

The stuff is alleged to be made here and appears to rather precise with leadscrews and stuff like that, and no plastic locking levers.

Anybody seen or used this stuff before? I found a person that has some Incra rules, but that's it. The other options is find some old table from the pre-junk era and restore it, but I'm really not interested in that.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Cydrome Leader wrote in news:m7t7ed$mgt$1 @reader1.panix.com:

It is.

It is.

Yes, I have. Incra equipment is top-notch, among the finest quality woodworking equipment available. It's not cheap, though -- like anything else, you need to pay for quality.

If you want more opinions, ask over in rec.woodworking.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Thanks for the info. I'll bug people over there. Sort of forgot there are other groups.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Would you say their stuff is as good as a Sherline lathe? I'm not looking to make a wooden warship or anything really large, so the ultimate in sturdy isn't what I seek- just something that's not junk and is fairly precise if used properly.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Cydrome Leader wrote in news:m7vgp5$blj$2 @reader1.panix.com:

As usual, Jonny Bonkers has no idea what he's talking about.

If you want worthwhile opinions on the quality of a particular line of woodworking equipment, you're probably better off consulting experienced woodworkers than taking the advice of an unemployed and unbalanced machinist.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Doug Miller fired this volley in news:XnsA414432F4B4C4dougmilmaccom@213.239.209.88:

Doug, did you mean to say, "unemployed and unbalanced Wannabe machinist who never cut a chip in his life"?

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in news:XnsA414488BF893lloydspmindspringcom@216.168.4.170:

Possibly. But I think you know Jonny Bonkers better than I do...

Reply to
Doug Miller

A random man on the street would give better advice than JohnBoy.

Not just woodworking, I mean ANYTHING.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Hey, David, that's a nice looking fab shop. I see that you have a bunch of CO2 lasers. Are you thinking about adding fiber or disk?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

they both look exciting with prices to match.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Have you looked at a Bench Dog Table Saw extension?

Reply to
Bob La Londe