OT - work shoes

I remember PF Flyers as the shoe of choice because they were the new low top design, though canvas shoes were only allowed for gym class, not regular classes. The traditional high tops were Converse All Stars, in white only as I recall.

Reply to
DanG

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

I wear a pair of Red Wings every day. (8 years old) Have to get another pair myself. I also have a pair of steel toe that get little use due to mud issue. The boots were concrete grade - deep cleats - or climbing :-)

I have to find a local dealer. The last one left before I did and I beat him out of the state. :-)

Mart>> "Storm>>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

(...)

Don't bother with your local store. In my experience, they have yet to wake up and smell the coffee WRT customer service (or even civil behavior). Fool me four times, shame on you. :)

Second 'New Balance'!

I've been delighted buying my sneaks from their website:
My fave is their model 855. Plain walking shoe. Not particularly cheap but very comfortable.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I've used Redwings for decades, wear the soles off, have new ones put on. Have one set of work boots that must be 30 years old and has gone through 3 or 4 sets of soles. Ran about $100. So you can buy cheap and replace often or spend a few bucks and get something that will last. If you find yourself working in the wet, get some matching overshoes to go with. Wet leather just isn't going to last. The bottom of a ditch isn't a fashion catwalk anyway.

Biggest problem with new shoes is that they assume everyone has flat feet, no arch support. So you'll probably have to lay out for arch supports of some type, either custom or off the peg. Built-in steel shanks disappeared about the time they started running everyone through metal detectors at airports. Arch supports make a lot of difference with how you feel at the end of the day if you're on your feet all day.

Stan

Reply to
stans4