Polishing nonwoven wheel for buffers

I have a polishing nonvowen wheel on my grinder, that is quite amazing in its ability to polish metal objects. It is some sort of a nonwoven, maybe nylon wheel. It is almost completely worn, however, and has no markings left. Does anyone know what sorts of wheels can be purchased as a replacement? Maybe 3M EXL wheels, as it seems to be.

Ignoramus25445

Scotchbrite? gray?

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yes, I think that they should be grey scotchbrite wheels, too.

Ignoramus25445

Scotchbrite 7S Fine Light Deburring wheel is good for general purpose polishing. 8S and 9S are OK, too, just a bit harder.

McMaster p/n 46575A73 is probably a 7S, which would make the next two in the catalog 8S and 9S.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I think you want a "Hard Felt Wheel", a jewelry supply or about $20 on EBay.

Reply to
Buerste

What I want, is the exact same wheel I have now, except new and not completely worn like mine. The wheel works almost like a miracle.

Ignoramus25445

I use them. There great there usually 6in dia 1in thick with a 1in hole . then an arbour adapter to fit your grinder spindle. there made of compressed scotchbrite by 3M which is a 3M product. there are several grades of hardness , the medium soft works better, also the grit size will be different as well as the grit type. The cheaper types use aluminium oxide the best cutting is the silicon carbide fine. you need to get in touch with or look up 3m products to get vthe right one thats the same as you have. good luck. Ted Frater Dorset UK.

Reply to
Ted Frater

sonds like a polybond wheel

Reply to
beecrofter

Ned Simmons wrote: ...

There must be some mistake - that item is $67.73. Surely, an 8" x 1" polishing wheel CAN'T be that much?

And what's with the 3" arbor hole that it has? How do you mount a wheel with a 3" hole? OK, OK, I know ... you make an adapter. But why should you have to, why doesn't it come with some reasonably sized hole?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt