Re: Outboard Steam engine motor

If you could plumb steam to the engine you might be able to do this, but
> there's likely no way to put reasomable power in an outboard engine with
> the boiler requirements.
There have been a number of successful designs that have accomplished this
goal. You won't get 150hp out of it, but certainly enough power to move a s
mall skiff at a decent speed- 8hp or so. Traditional boiler designs are too
heavy, but the Serpollet monotube works quite well. Check out Wally Mounst
er and Terry William's designs.
Reply to
chasbader
s goal. You won't get 150hp out of it, but certainly enough power to move a small skiff at a decent speed- 8hp or so. Traditional boiler designs are t oo heavy, but the Serpollet monotube works quite well. Check out Wally Moun ster and Terry William's designs.
You are exactly right, Chas. Thanks for mentioning my steam outboard. I ran it for a number of years beginning in 1989, and accumulated over 1500 hour s on it. It now sits on my patio in need of a little TLC>
Terry Williams
Reply to
heavvysteamer
this, but
with
accomplished this goal. You won't get 150hp out of it, but certainly enough power to move a small skiff at a decent speed- 8hp or so. Traditional boiler designs are too heavy, but the Serpollet monotube works quite well. Check out Wally Mounster and Terry William's designs.
I ran it for a number of years beginning in 1989, and accumulated over 1500 hours on it. It now sits on my patio in need of a little TLC>
I seem to recall a steam jet outboard marketed in Europe (or atleast promoted) a dozen or so years ago.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com on Fri, 26 Oct 2018 20:54:20 -0700 (PDT) typed
Somewhere around here, I've the plans for a Steam Powered Model Aeroplane from ~1908. Not sure it would scale up, though.
tschus pyotr
Reply to
pyotr filipivich
this goal. You won't get 150hp out of it, but certainly enough power to mov e a small skiff at a decent speed- 8hp or so. Traditional boiler designs ar e too heavy, but the Serpollet monotube works quite well. Check out Wally M ounster and Terry William's designs.
ran it for a number of years beginning in 1989, and accumulated over 1500 h ours on it. It now sits on my patio in need of a little TLC>
The Maxim steam airplane had two 180 hp steam engines and a hundred foot wi ngspan..... in 1893.

John
Reply to
John Halpenny
The Maxim steam airplane had two 180 hp steam engines and a hundred foot wingspan..... in 1893.

John

Lindbergh wasn't even close to the first to fly cross the Atlantic, either.
Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Site Timeline