Reduce condensation in auxillary compressed air tank by filling technique?

I have the occasion to fill an auxillary tank from my main compressor tank. The auxillary tank has the ability to be filled *as* the main compressor tank fills, or be filled *after* the main compressor tank has reached pressure.

Will waiting until the main compressor tank has filled reduce the amount of condensation in the auxillary tank?

My thinking is that as the air is compressed, water comes out of the air as the pressure is increased, and that by filling from the main tank after it has come up to pressure, the air transfered will have already lost the water it carried in the main tank, and result in less condensation in the auxillary tank.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Warm air carries more moisture than cold. If you allow the air to cool after being compressed, you should get less moisture in your tank.

Reply to
Dave Lyon